Monday, June 1, 2009

Sluggish Movements by Sluggards

In my personal study last week I came across Proverbs 26:13-16. This is the most concentrated information we have on what Solomon calls a "sluggard." This interested me. I began to break this down and found 4 core values of sluggards. I have deemed this as, "The 4 Sayings of a Sluggard."
How do we remain in "sluggish movements?" Check out the 4 sayings of sluggards.

Sluggards:
1. Blame Outside Circumstances for their Incompetence.
13 The sluggard says, "There is a lion in the road, a fierce lion roaming the streets!"
So... The Sluggard says, “It is not my fault, I am just a victim.”
Commentary: The point is that the sluggard fabricates a crisis which prohibits him from doing what he didn’t want to do anyway. His reasons, while unsatisfactory to others, are compelling to him.
It is never the sluggard's fault. As leaders we take responsiblity for ALL that goes on. Don't blame your people.


2. Breed Procrastination in Every Opportunity.
14 As a door turns on its hinges, so a sluggard turns on his bed.
So...The Sluggard says, “Never do today what you can put off until tomorrow.”

Procrastination is one of the greatest signs of a sluggard.

3. Brisk at Getting in Over Their Head.
15 The sluggard buries his hand in the dish; he is too lazy to bring it back to his mouth.
So....
The Sluggard says, “I will be alright without a plan.”
The plans of the diligent lead to profit as surely as haste leads to poverty.
Think about your use of credit cards, your house payments, your hasty financial decisions.

4. Blows off (or refuses) all Wise Counsel in Making Decisions.
16 The sluggard is wiser in his own eyes than seven men who answer discreetly.
So... The Sluggard says, “I will make my own decisions, I don’t need anyone to tell me what to do.”

You learn two ways: your personal mistakes or by someone elses mistakes. Find those who have been before you.

No comments:

Post a Comment