Monday, March 15, 2010

Maxwell's Secrets of Success- Thoughts

My daily devotions have a serving of John Maxwell's "Leadership for Graduates" given to me by my previous pastor Dwight Dunning, "Sparkling Gems from the Greek," by Rick Renner, given to me by Bishop Garry Bryant, my current Field Director and Overseer for The Well. Oh yeh, The Bible :) I am currently reading through Proverbs and Romans.

Today, I read a couple of principles that spoke to me. I have read many of these over and over, but today it stuck out!
These principles are geared for those who desire to start movements:
1. There is no secret of success. I call this the magic pill syndrome. Leaders think if they can do this "one" thing, then everything in their organization will change. There are no magic pills.

2. Success is for everyone. Leaders who start movements must be reminded of this. No matter where they are at or where their people are at, everyone can be successful. Believe this about everyone.

3. Your life becomes better only when you become better. Your quality of life is determined by you. Your ministry will grow when you decide to grow.

4. There is no success without sacrifice. As John Maxwell says, "To go up, you must give up." What are you willing to give up to go to the next level?

5. Success is achieved in inches, not miles. Celebrate your small wins. Our church plant has come leaps and bounds since we first started in Jim's apartment. You travel miles by traveling inches. Growth is what you do daily, not occassionaly.

6. The greatest enemy of tomorrow's success is today's success. Don't get comfortable, you have an adversary!

7. No advice on success works unless you do. The only place where success comes before work is the dictionary.

One other thought today: Those closest to you will choke your dreams or stretch your vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment