Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Enjoy the Journey

I spoke with a mentor recently and his words of advice were- "Enjoy the journey. Enjoy the journey." At the time it was hard, because the time I was in was a hard place. I felt the Lord echo these words to me recently.

I awoke to a text message from one our prayer leaders last week- "Psalms 37- God Bless You!"

As I pulled out on my hour long journey to the office at Workforce Solutions, I felt the Lord say, "This means, 'enjoy the journey, as it being a journey given by Me, and as you are able to do that you will see all My plans and desires come to pass over your life.'"

Most Christians can quote Psalm 37:4, "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart."

I feel most of us don't enjoy the journey, but rather we put up with the journey and are always living for the next moment.

Simply put- to start a movement- start enjoying your everyday life as a gift and journey from God. Don't curse the course. Enjoy the bumps and be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment