In my daily leadership devotional reading I came across some great principles from John Maxwell.
The shark tank is an important leadership principle. Sharks will only grow to the environment surrounding them. The funny thing is that our potential is a lot like the shark. We will only grow to the potential surrounding us.
The kind of environment that allows you to grow should like this:
1. Others are ahead of you.
2. You are still challenged.
3. Your focus is forward.
4. The atmosphere is affirming.
5. You are out of your comfort zone.
6. Others are growing.
7. There is a willingness to change.
8. Growth is modeled and expected.
Is your current environment producing this? Rate yourself on each level and see where you are at.