Saturday, May 2, 2009

Jesus Invades a Leader's Life- My Journey in the Gospel of Matthew

This is a look inside of my private time with God. I took some time to journey through Matthew.

TITLE: Birthing the Generation to Come

Scripture: Matthew 1:1-17 (geneaology) Open the Bible up here and read.

Observation: Matthew uses Abraham and David when he opens up. He uses this for two reasons. The first reason is because He wanted to teach them that Jesus is first, the covenant promise and fulfillment of the never ending throne of David. He is the promised Messiah to the Israelites. He uses Abraham to show that Jesus is also the savior to the Gentiles. He breaks it down from universalism and particularism. He also uses 5 women through out the geneaology. These are not women of rapport. They have bad histories and were failures, but God used them.

Application: Everyone of these listed in the genealogy all believed God at His Word to them. They trusted that God would fulfill the Abrahamic Covenant and the Davidic Covenant. They lived their life to the fullest knowing that they played a part in the fulfillment. The Holy Spirit began to impress on my heart that I should move from a lifetime perspective to a generational perspective. If I will believe by faith and step out, then I will place a rung on the ladder when I leave earth that someone else can step up on and then they can place a rung on the ladder so someone else can step up on.
As I am writing this, Jason Upton is singing, “Every Word that is sent down from heaven will not return until it has succeeded what it is meant to do.”
Chuck Pierce had spoken about facing our greatest fears. If we do not then we will be restricted to the natural level instead of the supernatural level of faith.

Prayer: Lord, help me to have a generational perspective. Thank you for leading Matthew to inspire us from his genealogy. Thank you that you are not just doing something in me, but through me where people who have not been born yet will use my life to go to new and higher levels. THANK YOU!! Amen.

1 comment: