Thursday, January 14, 2010

One Paragraph that Changed my Life

I was reading a book given to me by a good friend. The name of the book is "Movements that Changed the World," by Steve Addison. My friend Billy Mitchell is the one who gave me the book. He is the church strategist for Florida Baptist Association. He helps church planters- simply put.

I was reading in my devotion time and this really hit me. "Movements that change the world are not started by people who are well resourced or have a lot of finances. They are built out of people who have a call on their life and become desperate for more of God."

This paragraph changed my life. Is the focus on our tangible resources or a hunger for more of God and His presence? People do not come to my ministry to meet lights, cameras and cool settings. When they come in the door, they come looking for an encounter with God. If I don't encounter God, they will never be able to in this ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment